TT Visa and TT Temporary Resident Card for Vietnam
For those who hold foreign passports and their relatives (husband/ wife/ parents) are Vietnamese passport holders or their relatives are foreigners but work in Vietnam with Vietnamese resident Card/ Work visa, they are able to get TT/ VR Vietnam visa, even Temporary Resident Card (TT). Let's get to know how to obtain these special visa types.
1. TT/ VR Vietnam visa
1.1. Who can get TT and VR Vietnam visa?
- Visa TT is issued to foreigners who:
+ Are parents, spouse, children (<18 years old) of foreigners with LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ Vietnam visas.
+ Are parents, spouse, and children of Vietnamese citizens.
The duration of TT visa is not longer than 3 months.
- Visa VR is issued to people who come to visit their relatives (grandparents, parents, spouse, and children) in Vietnam.
The duration of VR visa is not longer than 6 months.
1.2. Required documents
- Passport copy of applicants and inviter/ sponsor
- Written document which proves the relationship between 2 parties:
- Certification of birth: children- parents
- Certification of marriage: husband- wife
- Other required information: Entry/exit date, port of entry and exit; required visa type…
In case the sponsor is foreigner living and working in Vietnam, below documents are required:
- NA2 form
- Sponsor company business license (certified)
- Inviter’s resident card (certified)
Note: All certificates that were issued in a foreign country need to be legalized and translated into Vietnamese language.
1.3. Where to apply for TT/ VR Vietnam visa?
Like other visa types, applicants can submit TT/ VR Vietnam visa request through:
2. Oversea visa-issuing authority of Vietnam (Vietnam Embassy, Vietnam General Representative)
In case sponsor is in Vietnam, we recommend to get TT Vietnam visa approval letter done through Vietnamvisavoa.com. Once the letter is issued by Vietnam Immigration, the applicant just need to get on board to Vietnam with a copy of this document. Finally, Vietnam visa sticker will be pasted on their passport upon arrival airport.
1.4 Processing time
Within 05 working days once required documents is submitted successfully
Depend upon visa duration
1.6. TT/ VR Vietnam visa extension, visa renewal
Once foreigners are in Vietnam and they wish to extend their stay, they either can extend their current visa.
2. Temporary Resident Card (TT)
Temporary resident card for family members is entitled to spouses, children under 18 years of foreigners residing in Vietnam. Their family’s members are granted temporary residence card (TRC) with symbols TT.
Temporary residence card is most suitable for those foreigners who want to stay in Vietnam for a long time, which is also known as a long-term visa.
– The duration of a TRC is 30 days shorter than passport expiration
– The duration for a temporary residence card type TT is not exceed 3 years.
– TRC is not issued for a person whose passport validity is less than one year.
– Children over 18 years old and parents of foreigners who holding TRC type LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ will be granted a visa for a maximum of 6 months.
Dossier to apply for a temporary residence card for family members
2.1. For an applicant who has their spouses/parents holding a temporary residence card type LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ:
+ Notarized copy of investment licenses; business license; permits the establishment of enterprises or permits the establishment of representative offices of the sponsor company.
+ Applicant’s valid Vietnam visa needs to be TT type. If not, fee would be higher
+ Certificates that prove the relationship with the cardholder such as birth certificate, marriage certificate. All certificates that were issued in a foreign country need to be legalized and translated into the Vietnamese language.
+ Original of passport with a valid visa.
+ Form Na6: guaranty and sponsor form for a foreign applicant to apply for a Temporary Resident Card.
+ Form Na8: information form for a foreign applicant, include personal detail, current Viet Nam visa detail and request to apply for a Temporary Resident Card.
2.2. Temporary resident card for foreigners with Vietnamese wife (TT type)
Once foreigner and Vietnamese get married certificate issue, the foreigner is able to apply for Temporary resident card (TT)
+ Marriage certificate (original and certified ones)
+ Vietnamese spouse’s Identity Card (Certified)
+ Applicant’s original passport
+ Vietnamese spouse’s family book (Certified)
+ Certified registration of residential stay (Original, issued by Police office in your residence/ Online Declaration Temporary Residence for Foreigner from your hotel)
+ 2 passport photos of 3*4 and 4*6 cm
+ Form Na7: guaranty and sponsor form for their spouse to apply for a Temporary Resident Card.
+ Form Na8: Information form for a foreign applicant, include personal detail, current Viet Nam visa detail and request to apply for a Temporary Resident Card.
For any further instruction about TT visa, temporary resident card for Vietnam, please feel free to contact us: