Visa procedures at Vietnam airport
Since introduced in 2007, Vietnam visa on arrival has widely used by most travelers thanks its simplicity and convenience, though it is only applicable by air.
When applying for a visa on arrival, the most important thing you need to do is to get a visa approval letter
before your departure to Vietnam. The visa approval letter permits you to get visa stamped in the passport upon arrival at one of 8 International Airports of Vietnam.
If you want to know how the visa procedure exactly works at the Vietnam airport, this article is for you. However before that, check out all necessary documents you should prepare beforehand.
• Your original passport – having at least 6 month validity beyond your entry date to Vietnam. At least two blank pages are left in your passport.
• A copy of visa approval letter
• Vietnamese visa application form (Form N1 – formly known as Vietnamese entry and exit form)
• 02 Vietnam visa photos (4x6cm, white background, recently taken wthin 6 months)
• Stamping fee in cash (US Dollar is highly prefered, 25USD/person for 1 or 3 month single entrt ; 50USD/person for 1 oe 3 month multiple entry)
How to get Vietnam visa at Noi Bai Airport (Hanoi city)
After getting off your flight, you just need to go “Visa upon arrival” Counter at the Noi Bai Airport– where your visa on arrival is issued. Here are some steps to follow up:
• Submit your visa documents as mentioned in the checklist above. Please stand in a queue for your return if it is so crowded
• Wait for a while during your visa is processed
• When your full name is called out, please come to the Officer and pay for stamping fee. The officer will return your passport with visa stamp in and give you a receipt
• Check carefully your visa page for any possible mistakes before heading to the passport control line
How to get Vietnam visa at Tan Son Nhat Airport (Ho Chi Minh city)
If you are arriving at Ho Chi Minh airport, just look for “Landing Visa” Counter on the left side. Normally, the visa counter is located next to the Immigration, isPlease kindly follow our guideline below:
• Submit your documents including your original passport, a copy of visa approval letter, Vietnamese visa application form, 02 passport sized photos. Then wait there while your visa is processed
• When the Immigration Officer calls your name out, please step to the visa window to pay for stamping fee and receive a receipt. The officer will give your passport back and a visa stamped in the passport.
• Take a look at your visa page to double check any errors before you move to the passport control line.
Tan Son Nhat is known as the most busiest and crowded airport in Vietnam. There are always long queues at the Visa and Immigration area. If you want to cut off your waiting time, Fast track service
is offered to help you get through the Immigration seamlessly and quickly.
How to get Vietnam visa at Da Nang Airport (Da Nang city)
If you will pick up visa on arrival at Da Nang airport, you will follow the signboard with name “Vietnam visa upon” Counter:
• Present visa documents which includes a copy of visa letter, original passport , 02 passport sized photos, Vietnamese visa application form and stamping fee at Visa Counter.
• Take a seat there to wait for your name called out by the Immigration Officer.
• When the Officer calls your name out, come to the Officer and pay for visa stamping fee and get your visa in your passport.
• Before going to the passport control line, double check everything in your visa page to make sure that it is correctly issued.
Important tips to have a hassle-free arrival to Vietnam airport:
- Ensure that you carry a hard copy of visa approval letter which you applied online beforehand.
- Fill up the Vietnamese visa application form in advance to save your time at the airport.
- Get US Dollar in cash ready to pay for stamping fee. No credit/debit card is accepted at the Immigration Area. A bad exchange rate can happen if you pay stamping fee in other currency.
- 02 passport sized photos should be prepared before your travelling. You have to pay 2-3usd per each at the airport if there is no photo along with you.
- Always double check your visa stamp in the passport before leaving the Visa Counter. Be aware of how long you can stay in the country to avoid getting trouble due to overstaying.
Recommended service at the Vietnam airport (Fast track service)
• Vietnam visa on arrival Fast track
: it is highly recommended if you want to avoid standing a long queue at visa counter. This service is aimed to save your visa processing with our Fast track assistance.
With our detailed guide on Vietnam visa procedure, we hope that your Vietnam visa on arrival is just a piece of cake.If you need any further clarification do not hesitate to leave us a comment or question below or email us at email@example.com